Sunday, April 17, 2011

In response to Dan Bayrouty's "Product Placement and Supermarkets"







I think that this concept is effective but I am wondering if other people think this way as well, or if placement on shelf levels don't matter to them when they are shopping?

            I believe that this concept is another very effective marketing tactic that attempts to advertise products toward a selected target market. I believe this method is effective because typically people want to find what they’re looking for or something they like in an easy and accessible way. Placing products strategically on shelf levels is clever because it eliminates the problem of advertising to the wrong target market. If adults, as Dan says are more prone to eating “Raisin Brand” and children are more likely to eat “Lucky Charms” than it would seem like a no brainer, but to place these products at different height levels. Then these potential customers may see a product that they might be more interested in. If something is at eye level when going into a store, a person may be more likely to buy that product, without even having walked in with that intention. For me, I have completely fallen victim to this marketing strategy numerous times, which is another reason why I believe that this is in fact an effective technique and concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment